Chapstick holder keychain tutorialAug 30, 2022
I don't know about you but I have chapstick everywhere! I like to have these chapstick holders on my bags, purses, and lanyards. They also make great gifts and even better they are really quick to make. I hope you make them soon and you enjoy them as much as I have!
- Sewing machine
- Coordinating thread
- 1 1/2" wide ribbon (you will need 9" to make one)
- 1 1/2" swivel/snap hook
- chapstick :)
1. Cut a 9" long piece of ribbon.
2. Fold over (1) of the raw edges 1/2" and sew.
3. Insert the raw edge into the swivel hook and fold over so that the wrong sides of the ribbon are facing when you fold it over. Fold the raw edge 1/2" and then fold it another 2".
4. Fold the sewn edge over the folds you just created and clip it into place.
5. Sew using a 1/8" seam allowance on both edges to secure.
6. Sew along the edge of the swivel hook on the top to finish.
7. Add your chapstick and attach it to your backpack, purse, or lanyard!
There you have it! They are so cute and fun to make!
If you and your child are enjoying this content check out the Makers Club online membership for kids who love to create!
There are hours of step-by-step video courses and projects and over 50 downloadable patterns, tip sheets, checklists, templates, and more included.
Your child can start with the foundation courses and learn a skill like hand sewing, machine sewing, knitting and other skills.
Each month there will be extension projects added, live Q & A's with me and social hangouts where other kids with similar interests can meet and show what they are working on.
Check out the Makers Club here!
Sign up for the newsletter for updates and tutorials!